Here at Lamps4Video, we only sell genuine projector bulb manufacturing brands. What this means is that every projector lamp purchased from us is identical to the same item you would receive if you purchased directly from a projector manufacturer or authorized reseller. The only difference is that our box packaging is generic as we source the hardware directly from overseas providers.
The most important aspect is the internal bulb brand that you receive, in that every popular projector manufacturer out there provides lamp assemblies that use internal bulbs created by only a handful of projector bulb brands. Below are these brands that are exclusively used by projector manufacturers.
- (UHP) - This is probably the most popular brand of internal bulb.
- (P-VIP) - Equal or slightly less widely used compared to Philips.
- (NSH) - Commonly used across various projector brands.
- (SHP) - Use for a decent amount of projector lamp assemblies.
- (HS) - Exclusively used for Panasonic Projector Lamps.
- (UHE) - Exclusively used for most Epson Projector Lamps.
- (HSCR) - Less commonly used in the front projector market
Every projector manufacturer uses the above brands in unique lamp assemblies (aka housings) made to fit in their projectors. This is usually the case for lamps with power ratings of up to around 400W. Once it goes above that point, other unique projector bulb manufacturers are used.
Apart from using a legitimate bulb brand, it is also important to have a high quality lamp assembly (the plastic and lens parts). At Lamps4Video, rest assured that we have screened our suppliers so you are only receiving the highest quality lamp assemblies for your front projector needs.